Monday, August 9, 2010

Home

As Beverley and I were pulling into the vet's parking lot to have Ripley put down, our realtor called to tell us we got a house. I predicted that would happen.


The listing agent specializes in bank owned properties (REOs). There is less commission but they make it up in volume. They can get sloppy. They incorrectly listed the house as a 3 bedrooms instead of 4. Beverley gets credit for finding the house and the mistake.


It's dated and needs cosmetic work. But it isn't anything like our house in Richmond. This will be easy.


It has a huge bonus room upstairs. Perfect for movie/campout night. The kids were in heaven when they saw it.


The biggest projects will be redoing the kitchen and 3 bathrooms.


I suspect I might have to trade in my Jeep for a pickup.



The other big mistake by the listing agent was not showing any photos of the pièce de résistance...


The palms trees are lit and the pool is pebble tech. There is a sauna and 4 waterfalls.

It's important to have pool when your 20 minutes from the beach.

So the next time you need to get away, head on over to Isle de Haus Hansen. Where we margaritas are cold, and the sausage is spicy.

No comments: