I got to visit LA for the first time today. I had a business meeting in Brentwood on Wilshire (Ave/Blvd?). It was a great meeting, but the most interesting part was going out to lunch. Everyone looks like a movie star. Now I know what they mean when they say SoCal is where the beautiful people are. Except for us building control dudes, we really didn't fit in.
Ripley also arrived this evening. When no one was looking, she escaped her cage in the cargo receiving area. When I arrived they were chasing down the street. Ohmygod - can you imagine Beverley if I lost Ripley! I chased them all down and when she heard me, she turned around and came back, but I had to sit down and let her circle in to me. You can't chase Ripley.
The bomb sniffing dog (Go Go) and his human partner really liked Ripley. All in all it was a fun experience. Everyone was relieved that I didn't freak, and we all stood around and talked for some time afterwards. The officer swears Ripley is a pure blood European sable. His dog is, and both dogs have a lot in common, even their personalities.
And Ripley seems quite happy exploring her new house and yard. And she's already walked into the sliding glass door. Poor girl, what a day...
No comments:
Post a Comment