Monday, May 31, 2010

2010 AA Dodgers

Ian had a *very* good season.


His team tied for first place in Central Irvine, but lost because the other team had more runs. This was because our coach, Coach Tucci, let every kid pitch in a game at least once. When we were safely ahead, he'd put that kid who couldn't throw well on the pitching mound. Everyone was given a chance.

Ian pitched in three games. Honestly, he can throw some wild balls. But his hitting, let me tell you about his hitting! He's not a grand slammer: He was Tucci's RBI guy. You could always count on Ian getting a hit. I'm sorry I missed recording it, but in the last game, Ian hit a line drive down third base, over the third baseman, got two runs in and landed on third base. It was beautiful.


We were one game away from the city championship. But we got beat by an overwhelming force, the North Irvine Rays.

I was completely taken by surprise. We all were. I thought we had the game in the bag and didn't expect it to be the last game. All of a sudden, they were having the last post-game huddle... and I had a big lump in my throat. I still can't believe it's over.


From the parents, to the coaches, to the kids: We were one great big special TEAM. I know Ian will never forget this experience. Heck, we had an end of season party, but we're still going to get together for another one later this summer.

Thank you Coach Tucci, I'm pretty sure Ian will be telling stories about this season the rest of his life.

No comments: