Sunday, August 16, 2009

Cloudcroft

We spent the week in Cloudcroft, NM. It's in the Saratoga mountains looking over White Plains. The combination of mountains, forest, desert, storms and blue sky make this a near perfect place. It would 100% if I could skimboard (and eventually surf).


More importantly I got to spend time with the Stenstreams.


Meeting my brother Jay was a big deal.


It's weird meeting someone so different yet so much alike. Our similarities freaked Beverley out.


The kids had a fantastic time. Grandpa Gary let us have his ATV all week.


We shot black powder guns. Beverley rushed her shot so I couldn't get a good picture.


The mountains were once under water. Fossils are everywhere, and Ian was in geology heaven. Ian found geodes and a small ammonite similar to the one found in the local church.


We panned for, and found, gold.


It was a great time. We can't wait to go back.

No comments: