The return trip was far more interesting.
It was my first time to fly out of LAX. It must be *the* place to find famous people, how many options could they have? We walked past someone on the phone saying "you won't believe who I just got a picture with!" While Andy and I were waiting to be picked up, a stretch limo pulled up and a young woman was whisked away. We had no idea who she was, but since everyone is acutely aware that there be stars in these parts, everyone was craning their neck to see who it was.
Since LAX is 45-60 minutes away, Andy and I got a driver rather than pay for gas and parking. So there we were, Andy and I, two tired controls dudes who smelt like cigars and had just cried like babies at the end of "The Bucket List"... and up pulled our stretch limo. The company that was driving us had run out Town Cars. Everyone was craning their neck to see who we were. They had great big smiles, and their eyes were wide and glassy. For a brief few moments, reality meant nothing, I had the power to woo younger women. I felt god-like.
If you come to visit us via LAX, you have to be picked up in a stretch limo.
No comments:
Post a Comment