Thursday, November 15, 2007

We're A "Modern" Family Now


We no longer eat home cooked food at the dinner table as a family unit on weekdays. This is not Beverley's choice, she's freaked out about it.

It's a complicated multi-dimensional issue.

Dimension 1

Her cooking is making me fat. I go to the gym almost every day of the week. Yet, my belt size keeps growing. No matter how much I ask her for smaller portions, she can't control herself. She must cook lots and lots of really good food. And I must eat it because it's so freaking good.

Dimension 2

I'm busy. So busy, I need to work at night. But unless I can take a nap, there is no way I have the energy to work at night.

Dimension 3

Since Beverley homeschools the kids, she has no time to exercise. See #1.

The Change

I come home from work and take a nap (I'm a world class power napper). Beverley focuses on a meal for Ian that he might actually eat and has a Lean Cuisine or salad herself. I wake up, have a Lean Cuisine or Lean Pocket, and take Ian from Beverley.

Beverley is running again. Which is great, she has run three marathons and it is such a big part of who she is, I'm happy she's getting that back. Ifyouknowwhatimean.

My time with Ian is quality because I can turn off work knowing I'll get to it later. And I do get to it later.

And well, that's that. So far so good and I feel skinnier. I think the girls at the gym are noticing!

And we're saving money on food.

Oh - Tamra Barney, the neighbor of my good friend and business partner, and the realtor who got us our most excellent house is on "Real Housewives of Orange County."

California baby. Living the dream.

No comments: